Course Content and Guidance
Online Bookkeeping (Intuit Quickbooks Online)
Welcome to this Bookkeeping Course In-Depth training for newbies and learn about the basic of bookkeeping and how to use Quickbooks Online as your online accounting software.
A Bookkeeper is responsible for recording and maintaining a business’ financial transactions, such as purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices, and payments. They will record financial data into general ledgers, which are used to produce the balance sheet and income statement.
Every accounting program has this accounting information in common
THERE ARE A whole lot of things that all accounting software programs — whether Quickbooks, MYOB, Xero, Sage, Zoho or some other accounting package — have in common.
These being to help businesses:
- manage their transactions
- keep track of money owed to them, or by them to others
- pay their employees and contractors
- provide financial reports at the end of each month, quarter and financial year.
Confused about Chart of Accounts, General Ledger and Trial Balance?
For non-bookkeeping types of these terms can send shivers down the spine, or make your eyes glaze over — but they are the foundation of all account keeping records and every business relies on these processes.
To this end, we at ProVA, has created a brief Introduction to Bookkeeping covering these aspects of accounting in more digestible way and a simple format
We believe that if people enroll in courses armed with some basic information, it fits with our goals of helping our trainees become better bookkeepers while getting the most out of the learning experience.
Is Bookkeeping Right for You?
If you wonder if this is actually the career for you, answer the following questions:
- Do you like numbers?
- Do you enjoy research?
- Can you ask the right questions?
- Do you like learning?
- Are you a good communicator?
Pre-requisite but not required:
- A basic knowledge in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of operating a computer and browser-based tools
- Basic communication skills in English for the interview
- Basic online data research and collection information skills
- You should be a resourceful with initiative and eager to learn
- With Can Do Attitude
- High attention to detail
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Hardware specification: Laptop or PC with at least 4gb of RAM, 120 SSD and processor of Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 with Internet Speed at least 20mbps
What you’ll learn:
- The entire bookkeeping cycle
- How the accounting cycle works
- How to set up a company’s books
- The impact of your work through a fiscal cycle
- To use QuickBooks software programs
- To understand and present a financial statement
- The basic elements of bookkeeping include:(Debits and credits, The accounting equation, The double-entry system, Basic accounting principles, Journal entries, Ledger accounts, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Bank reconciliations, Trial balances)
This course is specially design for:
- Newbies (zero experience and knowledge)
- Anyone who wants to work from home as a freelancer and enjoy the flexible schedule and eventually have time for their family and children (human, fur, and plant babies included!)
- Anyone who wants to decide which clients to take on and how much work they want to do
- Anyone looking to get a job or career in Bookkeeping
- This course is for people who want to start a high paying part-time or full-time work from home.
- Accounting graduates who want to learn another accounting software
- Accounting students who want to gain more insight on the actual world of bookkeeping
- Microsoft excel users & learners
- Elementary, Highschool or College (Grad or Undergrad)
- Peoples who are interested to Learn about basic bookkeeping & new online accounting software
- People who have interest to become a well-paid professional
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
- Update and maintain the general ledger
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
- Recording of debits and credits
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
- Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements
- Processing accounts receivable and payable
- Working with an accountant when necessary
- Maintains historical records by filing source documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Unlimited access to Resource Materials
- Schedule-based unlimited assistance
- 8 to 11 hours live training (2 days)
- Unlimited replay Live Recorded Video Training
- Certificate of participation/training
- Assistance in setting up your QBO trial account
- Assistance in setting up your QB Accountant account
- Free Xero & Excel Master Class Videos
- Be Pro Advisor Certified!
- Free Premium Courses
- Sample cover letter for job application
- You will get your own lifetime ProVA Member’s Dashboard and get unlimited access to our FAQ, Tools and Resources, Live Recorded Video Training, download certificates and our Featured Kwentong ProVA section can serve as a source of inspiration.
- A chance to join 30-hour internship program for a reasonable fee